In the summer of 2013, Cash and I will be travelling across the American states in search of culinary challenges. Between us, we aim to win plenty o' T-Shirts and have our names blazoned upon the walls of fame. From now until then, we need to book our tickets, work out a route and indulge in some pre-arrival challenges here. Luckily, one of us has a food outlet of their own, where new and exciting recipes are always being invented and one of us has a stomach of steel ready for the spicy ones. We shall be updating this blog with our home and away conquests and triumphs, as well as stories of food babies, food contractions and food comas!

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Day 24 - Orlando to Washington DC

I wake up about 630am in the morning and find that I have been ATTACKED on my ankle by some sort of insect that has a two-pronged bite! It's itches like a beatch and in this heat, is rather annoying but I soldier on and get to writing. I stayed up a little bit later last night watching Cutthroat Kitchen - it's a TV food show and highly addictive viewing. I dose myself up on caffeine and manage to write quite a bit.

We clear out of the hotel at about 1130am and drive around a little. We need to return the car later on at the airport so we make sure it's all clean. We head over to a car wash to have it de-tailed. I notice that my skin is particularly spotty-the food is crazy big here. Some is tasty, some is just lard-tastic and I think the fat is starting to erupt from my pores!

At the airport, we check in really quickly and with about 4 hours to go until our flight, we chill in the food court. I have a postcard to send to Anna T that has been in my bag since week one but we can't seem to find any post offices that sell stamps! There are plenty of post boxes but no stamps!!! WHERE ARE THE STAMPS??

We eat at Nathan's hotdog place - Cash has a Chili cheese dog with sauerkraut and fries - 4.5/10
I have a Cheese dog with fries-5/10

We then head over to our gate, where we have a beer and play cards. Cash has a burger. I have nothing as my stomach is making funny noises and the last thing I want is to sh*t my pants thousands of miles up in the air (I do carry a spare pair of pants in my hand luggage though should the need arise).

We arrive in Washington at about 8pm and we are quick to get our luggage and head to our hotel. It is just by a university and the surroundings are much more European - smaller roads, built up and places close at a normal hour.

We catch up on some correspondance and then I feel hungry so we head outside. Everywhere is shut, everywhere but a Burger King so we have a little light snack before bed. I shower and fall asleep to Quantum of Solace. I need to be up early again to work on my dissertation but I am almost there. 300 words to cut and the main body is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment