In the summer of 2013, Cash and I will be travelling across the American states in search of culinary challenges. Between us, we aim to win plenty o' T-Shirts and have our names blazoned upon the walls of fame. From now until then, we need to book our tickets, work out a route and indulge in some pre-arrival challenges here. Luckily, one of us has a food outlet of their own, where new and exciting recipes are always being invented and one of us has a stomach of steel ready for the spicy ones. We shall be updating this blog with our home and away conquests and triumphs, as well as stories of food babies, food contractions and food comas!

Friday 9 August 2013

Day 13 - Idaho to Salt Lake City

I get up early at about 9am and go outside to soak in the view one last time. We need to vacate the place by 11am. My stomach is sore...I'm not going to lie. I decide no alcohol or coffee today, I'm going to allow myself to lie fallow. We head out. We say goodbye and head off to Seattle or Salt Lake City. We stop at the Coffee and Bistro spot in Crouch. I get some apple juice and Cash gets a frappe, which is like a coffee milk shake.

We then make our way to Boise to find Rockie's, the other place that Man Vs Food featured on their show. After asking several people, we find it - on Overland. It is bright and very rock n roll!! This is the venue where there is the Jonny B. Goode. Challenge. There are girls on skates. The service is good. There is a DJ booth and an Elvis on a bike.

I order a chilli cheese burger and salad with fries - 8/10. It is big and fricking delicious! I find it filling but soooo good. My fave burger so far.

Cash has the Earthquake burger - pastrami, 2 patties,baccon, chilli, Swiss and American cheese and salad - 7.5/10. This is one less than the Jonny B Goode Challenge, and Cash manages it although we both agree the challenge would probably have killed him!

We head to Salt Lake City with Joe Rogan on the podcast, which is funny! We need to find petrol. We visit a place call The Middle of Nowhere, which has no restrooms but is very quirky. We then stop at RJ's in Tremonton for toilet and food. Cash got 2 crispy strips and a drink - 2/10. Badly made, shocking! I had nothing. We hang out in the car park to use their wi-fi. Then we're off again. I'll admit it, I'm in a bit of pain. My stomach feels awfully warm and it's making loads of gurgling sounds...DAMN YOU, HABENERO PIZZA! But I will not be stopped, I think I've added a new lining to my insides so I should be ok to go at it again!

We arrive in Salt Lake City about 840pm and decide to stay at the Hampton Inn. There is a concert of some sort across the road, which looks cool but the queue is long. We book up and ask the lady about the concert and she tells us Erykah Badu is playing and whether we would like to go. We both reluctantly say yes, thinking it's going to cost us loads but then she says it is free and VIP!

Erykah Badu was awesome! The crowd is electric and she is brilliant. We get back to the hotel about 1040pm and chill for the rest of the evening. We also decide to stay here for one more night and have a pretty much drive-free day. Cash wants to go to a couple of classes at the local gym. I want to use the jacuzzi!

No comments:

Post a Comment