In the summer of 2013, Cash and I will be travelling across the American states in search of culinary challenges. Between us, we aim to win plenty o' T-Shirts and have our names blazoned upon the walls of fame. From now until then, we need to book our tickets, work out a route and indulge in some pre-arrival challenges here. Luckily, one of us has a food outlet of their own, where new and exciting recipes are always being invented and one of us has a stomach of steel ready for the spicy ones. We shall be updating this blog with our home and away conquests and triumphs, as well as stories of food babies, food contractions and food comas!

Monday 5 August 2013

Day 10 - Monday - Idaho

I feel really rested today but very itchy also. The bites have begun to swell and spread and the one on my neck is particularly alarming as it is slowly but surely turning into what looks like a love bite! Am hoping it stays red and puffy as if it goes dark and bruise-like, I will have some 'splaning to do.

Just got a text from the Yeo-man-meister and Mama E, they are just leaving Yellowstone and are making their way to the cabin too. Cash has just woken up and thinks he has been attacked by some bed bugs! WHERE ARE WE?!

I am rather parched and need to definitely drink more water as my wee is a dark yellow and I'm pretty sure that's a sign of dehydration.

Tessa - your word of the day is 'desert'. This is pretty much all we are going to see, that and maybe forests as we near the cabin. I'm hoping to see some wildlife - they've been a few signs on this route (I-80) for deers and bears but unfortunately, none seen so far.

Best get ready...more to say in a few days unless we have wi-fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment